Why is screen green and flickering?
This is a repost since I didn’t get a resolution previously.
A couple weeks ago my screen turned green after a few seconds of booting up. Here are pictures of the same image on my broken MBP and a functioning MBP.
- Some parts of screen flicker - different parts flicker depending on image (see end of album for video of textbox flickering on Wikipedia)
- Screen changes shades of green over time (usual deepens)
- Images appear normal on external monitor (via firebolt/hdmi)
- The screen reverted to normal colors for an entire day yesterday, but is back to green today
Assessment from Apple genius bar appointment:
- It's definitely the motherboard
- The GPU looks like it's toast
Assessment from computer repair shop:
- It appears to be the display
What I've tried:
- Reset NVRAM/PRAM
- Blow dust off motherboard
- Disconnect display cable from motherboard and blow air over connection to remove dust (from this answer: Display Problem : Green on black color parts on screen)
- Replace display cable (LVDS)
- Replace LCD
- Replace entire display
- Replace motherboard
- Clean off some other component
I suspect Apple was wrong and this is not a motherboard issue because of normal external monitor behavior and the screen sometimes works.
Does anyone have any insights? Any other solutions? What should I try next?
Es esta una buena pregunta?