Saltar al contenido principal

The American Weigh AWS-100 is a small, robust scale used to make on-the-go measurements. It measures objects ranging from 0.01 grams to 100 grams.

Preguntas 7 Ver todo

Why does my aws scale say full

My aws scale is saying full and none of the buttons are responsive. i can only turn it on and off. It has been in good care and ive got it about 2 and a half weeks go. Help?

Contestado! View the answer Yo también tengo este problema

Es esta una buena pregunta?

Calificación 2


Have you tried changing the batteries?


I changed the batterys on mine and it does the same thing.


I have purchased at least a half dozen of these scales and ultimately they all end up dead with the "FULL" display. AWS should have made them to display "F#cked" instead because that would be much more honest of them. The issue isn't a real problem which can be troubleshooted and resolved or repaired by the user. The problem is a piece of firmware built into the scales called a gate. This particular gate keeps a running count of either how many times the scales have been powered on and/or how many times they have been calibrated. Once the gate reaches a certain amount, it is activated and prevents the scales from working again and causes it to display "FULL" on the screen. This is just another case of Planned obsolescence, or built-in obsolescence, in industrial design and economics is a policy of planning or designing a product with an artificially limited useful life, so it will become unusable after a certain period of time. The rationale behind this bs strategy is to increase profits by generating long-term sales volume by reducing the time between repeat purchases. The AWS executive officers knows it's target consumers will always run purchase a replacement set of scales rather than to mail in the faulty scales for repair under the manufacturers warranty. AWS knows a person needs to use the scale right then and usually won't have the luxury of waiting for several weeks or months for the repaired or replacment scales to arrive. So even if the consumer does mail in the faulty set, they have already purchased a replacement set in the mean time. Either way, all their scales, unless they are physically damaged beyond use, will eventually make it to "FULL" , so they don't mind the scales they have to reset under their warranty. It's a really shotty way of doing business for the consumer and a win win for the seller. Manufactured planned obsolescence has become a standard way of doing business for many company's today. Almost all consumer goods these days have a built in artificial life expectancy. Today there are thousands of patents most consuners will never know about. There are light bulbs which last for 100 years, tires for automobiles which never need replacing and car engines which run on water (hydrogen) with zero exhaust pollution. None of these inventions will ever see the consumer market because it would upset the 1%ers who own these company's and affect their profits in such a way that they would slide down and join the rest of us bottom feeders in the 99%. They would actually have to compete and invest in innovations which would reduce their vacation times and cause them to live like most people who aren't super rich, and they are never going to allow that to happen. So we as the 99% majority will need to decide if and/or when we've had enough of bs business practices like this and all of us agree to stop purchasing their products or using their services. It will be very difficult for many of us to do this because it will change our entire way of life at first, but will ultumetly allow us to ALL progress as a species and even help reduce the amount of trauma inflicted on our planet caused by unnecessary product manufacturing. This coming together as a people is the only way we will ever stop this type of business practice and allow us to be able to purchase a set of scales one time which will last all our lives or until they are physically damaged beyond use. That's my 2 cents worth. Thank you.


I so agree...what you said jerry harris

....i absolutley loathe consumer America

.... so may i ask....i suppose there is no way around this what so ever ???


Agregar un comentario

1 Respuesta

Solución Elegida


If changing the battery doesn't help, as there is a 10 year limited manufacturer's warranty on the scales contact the manufacturer as per the warranty statement that should have come with the scales.

If you cannot find it here is a link to the manufacturer's warranty. It details what you have to do to make a claim for a warranty refund or repair. Scroll down to returns and refunds

Fue útil esta respuesta?

Calificación 4
Agregar un comentario

Añadir tu respuesta

jonnycaballero34 estará eternamente agradecido.
Ver Estadísticas:

Ultimas 24 Horas: 20

Últimos 7 Días: 88

Últimos 30 Días: 335

Todo El Tiempo: 13,876