- LCD screen is blank
- Camera won't turn on
- Memory card won't fit into camera
- Battery compartment will not close
Note: This troubleshooting guide covers problems with the Olympus Stylus 760 digital camera.
- If the LCD screen is cracked, it will need to be replaced
- The screen may be damaged internally, and should be replaced
- The wire connecting the LCD to the circuit board may have become disconnected, in which case you will need to reconnect it. See Replacing the Olympus Stylus 760 LCD Screen
- If the camera has not been in use for a while, the battery power may be completely drained. Recharge the battery and then try to turn on the camera.
* The battery may have reached the end of its life and is no longer capable of holding a charge. You will need to purchase a replacement battery. See Replacing the Olympus Stylus 760 battery.
- The battery was not inserted properly. To see how to insert the battery properly please see Replacing the Olympus Stylus 760 battery..
- The memory card is not the right size for the camera. Make sure the memory card that you have inserted is an xD-Picture Card size 16MB-2GB .
- The memory card may have been improperly inserted. Make sure the memory card goes in easily, do not force the memory card into the camera. Check for debris in the memory card slot and clean it out with a can of compressed air.
- If there is nothing blocking the memory card slot, the card may be inserted backwards.
- If the memory card has been physically damaged, it may no longer fit into the camera, and will need to be replaced.
- If the memory card has become corrupted, it may be necessary to reformat it.
- Something may be obstructing the the compartment preventing it from closing. See Replacing the Olympus Stylus 760 battery.
- The lens can be cleaned manually if dust or debris collect on the inside of the camera. See [enlace de guía no válido] and Cleaning the Olympus Stylus 760 lens