Not recognizing battery after coffee spill
I have not inspected the laptop yet, but this is what I know: Coffee was spilled on laptop. It was taken apart and dried/cleaned. I believe rice was used at some point. After putting it back together the laptop works fine on AC, but when using only the battery it will shut off. It does not recognize the battery when running on AC. Battery works fine in another laptop - it's battery does not work in "spilled" laptop.
I suggested disconnecting AC, remove battery and let dry for 4 days. No change. Is it possible that incorrect reassembly could contribute to this? Is it possible that the battery connector has failed? My gut says it's the logic board. I am trying to diagnose this for my daughter and do the fix myself. I have extensive PC experience, but not Mac. I would appreciate your comments and will answer any questions you might have. Thanks!
Es esta una buena pregunta?