OWC vs iFixit Batteries: Which is better?
When you can no longer buy a battery from Apple, which is the best source, OWC or iFixit? I found mixed messages on the web shown below, so I’m not sure.
Concerns about iFixit: Posts from around the Web
- “Be wary of ifixit batteries,” (Reddit.com, August 1, 2018.)
- OWC or Apple Replacement Battery? (Forums.MacRumors.com, March 3, 2018.) LarryJoe33’s post (July 17, 2017) says his iFixit battery drops from 65% to 7% consistently. He said iFixit was unresponsive, and accused iFixit of sending him a battery that which today sells on Amazon for $37.99. He says the battery was a replacement not OEM.
Concerns about OWC
- OWC, you've lost me. This is a long thread in 2014. The gist is that somebody who used to be happy with OWC had a bad experience with a replacement battery.
Concerns about iFixit and OWC
- '''User''' '''JPack''' in the March 3, 2018 MacRumors.com post above, says that the only place you can buy an OEM battery outside of Apple is from Rewa. He says, “You're wasting your time (and money) with iFixit, OWC, and B&H. They're often selling B-grade batteries that have been rejected. Hence your 65% -> 7% experience. You might as well buy from AliExpress as the sellers source the same B-grade batteries.”
Positive Posts about OWC
- Newertech NuPower Mac Laptop Batteries – Review. OWC sells Newertech batteries, hence the review. This guy gave them 9/10 for a rating.
Es esta una buena pregunta?