Kenmore HE3t Electric Dryer - No heat - Some parts replaced
I have a Kenmore HE3t electric dryer, model 110.84836201 that is not heating.
Air is blowing, drum tumbles, timer counts down, no problems.
Replaced the heating element, thermal fuse, thermistor - problem persists. Had all parts checked and the parts are good. What am I missing?
- Circuit breaker only has one switch for the dryer, clicked it off and on, no change with the dryer.
- Tested the outlet and the voltage is correct.
- Tested the power cable and connectors, voltage is correct.
- Dismantled the tinfoil vent tube thing and cleaned it, also checked the vent orifice on the house itself.
- To date, these parts have been verified as working or flat out replaced: heating element, thermal fuse, thermistor, high limit thermosat, cut off fuse (I think that’s what it’s called, the one that comes with the thermostat).
The dryer is still running as normal without heat. Air is blowing, timer is working correctly. I ran the dryer for 20 minutes, dismantled it, and the heating element was cool to the touch - shouldn’t it be warm? I’m assuming something isn’t telling the heating element to click on.
Waiting on a control board to arrive in the mail.
I received the dryer control board in the mail and have replaced that, and the dryer is now heating! Yay!
Of the original parts, the heating element, high limit thermostat and thermistor were all damaged. I replaced all of those and I replaced the thermal fuse and cutoff fuse because it came with the kits I ordered. There must have been a short either from a power surge or just the control board dying and it had a chain reaction and blew out several pieces.
Is this a good question?