Is my motherboard dead?
Suddenly my laptop doesn't start. If I press the power on button, the green light around the button will be ON for less than a second, and then turn off again. Nothing appears on the screen, and the computer doesn't boot.
This is what I have tried so far:
- Replacing the DC jack http://amzn.eu/iCpnMz9 because it had been damaged some months ago, and when plugging the power chord, it emitted a weak buzzing sound
- Removing the battery and trying to power up with the power chord connected
- Testing to charge it with the power chord from a friend that has the same laptop
The three tests failed. I also tried disassembling the computer's parts and searching for loose cables or overheated areas, but couldn't find any.
I guess this means the motherboard is dead, but is there a way to verify that? Can someone pleas provide a good source for it? If it was dead, does it worth replacing it?Any other ideas on what the problem could be?