iFixit is a small company with a big goal: we want to show the world how to fix everything.
Our staff is the focal point of a global community of people showing people how to fix the things they own. We believe that we can make the world better by empowering people to take control of their hardware.
We are the world's foremost experts on repair, and we've set the gold standard for online repair documentation. We have already helped tens of millions of people fix their own devices, and we plan to help hundreds of millions more.
iFixit is a great place to work. We have an incredible working environment, a world-class team that loves solving tough challenges, and a vision to change the world. Our team loves having fun together. We have regular barbecues, enjoy catered meals together a couple times a week (our in-house chef is dynamite), and have beer night at Spike's after farmer's market on Thursdays.
We are in San Luis Obispo, one of the most amazing places in the world. SLO is the heart of California's lovely central coast. We live here because we love the community, natural beauty, freedom from traffic, and huge variety of fun things to do. When we're not kayaking along the coast or basking outside in the sunshine, we buckle down and do things that make the world better.
Current openings in San Luis Obispo
- Customer Service Associate — SLO/Remote
- Data Engineer — SLO/Remote
- Digital Marketing Strategist — SLO
- Kitchen Assistant — SLO
- Marketing Coordinator/Marketing Project Manager — SLO
- Social Media Coordinator — SLO
- Software Engineering Manager — SLO
- UI Designer — SLO/Remote
Why we're cool
- We move very quickly and your opinions are highly valued.
- We're very capable, so you'll be in good company.
- We're changing the world.
- Hours are flexible (for students, positions require working part-time during school and full-time during summer).
How do I apply?
- Familiarize yourself with iFixit.com.
- Use the link on each position to apply for it.
We want to hear why you are perfect for our team. If you write a blog, contribute to an open source project, wrote a lolcats generator, or build interesting things, we want to hear about it. Show us something you've made!
We are currently only hiring for positions in San Luis Obispo and Stuttgart, so please indicate your interest in relocating if you're based elsewhere.
What's fun to do in San Luis Obispo?
- Go to Farmer’s Market on Thursday nights! It’s a great way to meet people, buy local produce and eat delicious food.
- Hike Bishop Peak! You’ll get a great view of the whole town from the top.
- Go wine tasting! The Central Coast is known for its diverse and rich wine culture.
- Walk the bluff trail at Montaña de Oro—it’s magical and right in our backyard.
- Kayak through the caves in Shell Beach for an up close view of the beautiful coastline of the Central Coast.
- Eat at Firestone Grill- their french fries are unbeatable.
- For more ideas, check out visitsanluisobispocounty.com.
When you go to a website like iFixit and scroll through the guides, it's easy to forget that there are tons of real people keeping all those bits and bytes running smoothly. But there are literally dozens of us! We're a diverse team, split between two continents--but we're united by a love of tinkering and repair.
iFixit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Because we are trying to teach every one to fix every thing, we need a team as diverse as our online community. We believe that it takes people of all backgrounds to help us fix the world. Therefore, iFixit does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable.
iFixit is committed to creating a diverse team--not only in who we hire--but through creating a supportive environment for all of our team members based on mutual respect and inclusivity.