WD my passport ultra 2TB is not showing up on explorer.
What is going on with my external hard drive?
WD My Passport Ultra 2TB not showing in MacBook Finder
Background and Identification
The Western Digital My Passport Ultra 2 TB is a USB 3.0 (USB-C) portable storage device with a 2-TB capacity. The My Passport Ultra acts as an external storage device that allows users to expand the storage on their phone, computer, or other devices. It includes password protection with 256-bit AES hardware encryption.
The Passport Ultra includes Western Digital (WD) Discovery software that allows users to back up important photos, videos, and documents to the hard drive. The software also allows users to import content from popular social media and cloud storage services. The Western Digital Backup software included in WD Discovery allows users to automate their backup routines by setting up a backup schedule.
The Passport Ultra is a three-dimensional box that is 4.33 inches long, 3.21 inches wide, 0.5 inches high, and weighs 130 grams (0.29 pounds) for the 1 TB and 2 TB versions. The My Passport Ultra 2 TB was released in black, blue, red, white, and silver bodies, depending on the model year. The front and back of the device are colored while the sides are matte black. The Passport Ultra includes the letters “WD,” which stand for Western Digital, embossed or printed in the top corner of the storage device. Some models also include the name “My Passport Ultra” underneath the “WD” identifier. The device includes a three-year limited warranty from Western Digital.
Capacity: 2 TB
Capacities and Models:
- 2TB Silver: WDBC3C0020BSL-WESN
- 2TB Blue: WDBC3C0020BBL-WESN
Interface: USB-C (USB 3.0 compatible)
- Windows® 10, 8.1 or 7
- Downloadable NTFS driver to read⁄write on macOS
- Reformatting required to use Time Machine on macOS. Compatibility may vary depending on the user’s hardware configuration and operating system.
Dimensions 1 TB and 2 TB (L x W x H):
- Length: 110mm (4.33 in)
- Width: 81.6mm (3.21 in)
- Height: 12.8mm (0.50 in)
- Weight: 130g (0.29 lb)
- Operating temperature: 5°C to 35°C
- Non-operating temperature: -20°C to 65°C
- System Requirements Windows® 10, 8.1 or 7
- Downloadable NTFS driver to read⁄write on macOS. Reformatting required to use Time Machine on macOS.
- Compatibility may vary depending on the user’s hardware configuration and operating system.
Limited Warranty: 3 years