Preguntas de SoporteHaz una pregunta
No hay preguntas. ¡Sé el primero en hacer una pregunta!
Background and Identification
The Nellcor Puritan Bennett Infrasonics InfantStar 950 and 500 are ventilators, that provide adjustable background flow in the CPAP and IMV modes. The Infrasonics InfantStar 950 / 500 are designed to provide respiratory aid to neonatal and pediatric patients less than 40 pounds.
In 1940 the founder of Puritan Bennett (Ray Bennett) invented a mechanical ventilator that he hoped would serve as an alternative to the iron lung. In 1995 a company names Nellcor acquired the Puritan Bennet company. In 2015 Medtronic acquired Puritan Bennett.
The Puritan B Bennett InfantStar 500 and 950 ventilators can be characterized by their numerous dials and lack of modern touch screen technology and prevalence of dials and meters. The front panel controls include ventilator settings, ventilators rate, PIP, PEEP/CPAP, inspiratory time, flow rate, background flow, and breath.
The ventilator has physical dimensions of 16.25"H x 11.25" W x 19.25" and weighs approximately 50 pounds.
Modes - Invasive
- Pressure-controlled modes: assist/control, SIMV, CPAP/ backup (these require Star Sync), IMV, CMV, CPAP
- Flow-controlled modes: CMV (optional), SIMV
- Combined modes: HFV, HFV+ IMV
- Pressure: Rectangular
- Flow: Rectangular
Operating Range of Controls
-Ventilator Rate: 1 to 150 BPM
- PIP (Peak Inspiratory Pressure): 5 to 90 cmH2O
- PEEP/CPAP: 0 to 24 cmH2O
- Inspiratory Time: 0.1 to 3.0 seconds
- Flow Rate (Mandatory Breath): 4 to 40 LPM
- Background Flow: 2 to 32 LPM (demand system provides up to 40 LPM total flow)
- Proximal Airway Pressure: -10 to 120 cmH2O
- Mean Airway Pressure: 0 to 99.9 cmH2O
- I:E Ratio: 1:0.1 to 1:99.9
- Expiratory Time: 0.2 to 59.9
- Duration Positive Pressure: Duration of positive pressure applied 1 cmH2O above baseline in seconds
- High Frequency Rate: 2 to 22 Hz
- Amplitude: Measured HFV pulse pressure 0 to 160 cmH2O