Preguntas de SoporteHaz una pregunta
No hay preguntas. ¡Sé el primero en hacer una pregunta!
Background and Identification
The Puritan Bennett Achieva ventilator provides support for pediatric to adult patients with respiratory inefficiencies or failures . The device is used in hospitals, homes, and in portable settings. The positive pressure ventilation can be delivered invasively or noninvasively. The Puritan Bennett Achieva has a wide range of breath rates, delivery volumes, and inspiratory times. This model has a flow acceleration limit and expiratory sensitivity feature to fine-tune the breath delivery rate. This device also has internet dial-in PEEP with flow and pressure trigger sensitivity to help with patient synchrony. The Puritan Bennett Acheiva has three different model types, PS, PSO2, and PSX. This ventilator is predominantly bought by long-term acute care facilities and homecare respiratory companies.
The Puritan Bennett Achieva is manufactured by Nellcor Puritan Bennett. Puritan Bennett began producing respiratory products in 1913. Puritan Bennett also makes oxygen therapy systems, sleep therapy equipment, and other respiratory care products. However, the Puritan Bennett Ventilators are the most widely known, there are many different series and systems.
The Puritan Bennet Achieva has a compact design and a magnetic latched door panel on the front. This device has a portable oxygen and power source. The device has a light grey body with blue accents and the name PURITAN-BENNETT Achieva on the latched door panel. The dimensions are as follows:
- Height: 10.75” (27.3 cm)
- Width: 13.3” (33.8 cm)
- Depth: 15.6” (39.6 cm)
- Weight: ~32 lb (~14.5 kg)
Type of Ventilator
- Type: Positive Pressure Volume Ventilator
- Motor: 3-phase brushless motor
- Pump: Piston, 50ml to 2200ml tidal volume capacity
- Protection Against Electrical Shock: Class 1
- Power Line: 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz, 2 Amps
- External DC Power
- 11.6 to 32.0 VDC (24 VDC optimal)
- Operating Time: At least 19 hours under normal load, and 5 hours and 30 minutes under heavy load 24 VDC or 12 VDC, 32 Ah (Amp-hour)
- Internal Battery
- 24 VDC (nominal)
- Operating Time: At least 4 hours under normal load, and 1 hour under heavy load
- Optional External Battery: Approximately 20 hours operation under normal load
- Gel cell, sealed Lead Acid
- Lithium Battery
- Volume (Vt): For assist/control 50ml to 2200ml in 10 ml steps. for SIMV 50ml to 1750ml in 10 ml steps accurate to ± 10 ml for 50-100 ml and ±10% (max 75 ml) for 100-2200 ml of the setting to a maximum delivered volume error of 75 ml.
- Inspiratory Time (Ti): 0.2 to 5.0 seconds in increments of 0.1 seconds. Accurate to ±10%
- Sensitivity (Sens.) Flow: 3 to 25 LPM in 1 LPM increments. Accurate to ±2.0 LPM. Off or 1 to 15 hPa in 1 hPa increments. Accurate to ±2.5 hPa.
- Breath Rate (f): 1 BPM to 80 BPM in steps of 1 BPM. Accurate to ±10% of 1 BPM which ever is greater.
- Pressure (P): 0 to 50 hPa in 1 hPa increments. Accurate to ±2.5 hPa of the setting once the pressure reaches the setting.
- PEEP: 0 and 3 to 20 hPa in 1 hPa in 1 hPa increments. Accurate to ±2.5 hPa
- Low Pressure: 1 to 59 hPa in increments of 1 hPa. Activates within ±2.5 hPa
- High Pressure: 2 to 80 hPa in increments of 1 hPA. Activates within ±2.5 hPa
- Flow Acceleration: OFF or ON (Inspiratory Flow ≤ 180 lpm
- Flow: 2.0 L/min to 150 L/min (averaged)
- Expiratory Trigger: 15% to 55% in increments of 10%. Accurate to ±15% at 15%, to ±5% at 25%-55%
- O2 Level (O2%): 21% to 100% for tidal volumes greater than equal to 100 ml, 21% to 70% for tidal volumes less than 100 ml in 2% increments.
- Operating Environment: 41*F to 104*F with 10% to 90% RH noncondensing
- Storage Environment: -4*F to 122*F, 10% to 90% RH noncondensing
- Allow at least 1 hour temperature stabilization before use when moving from nonoperating to operating environment
- The battery must be recharged every 30 days
Source: Soma: Puritan Bennett Achieva
Puritan Bennett Product Brochure, includes ordering information for specific parts and additional specifications
US MED-EQUIP Data Sheet for Puritan Bennett Acheiva PS, PSO2, and PSX Ventilator
MedWrench Puritan Bennet Achieva PSO2 Help Forum
FDA Puritan Bennett Achieva PSO2 Adverse Event Report- Failure to Cycle