Background and Identification
The Nextbook NX16A8116K is an Android tablet released in March 2017. It is commonly known as the Nextbook Ares 8A tablet. Nextbook tablets are budget-friendly devices designed by the E FUN brand, based in Southern California. E FUN has been producing both Android and Windows Nextbook tablets since 2010.
The Nextbook Ares 8A includes an 8.0-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1280 by 800 pixels. It runs on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. The tablet is sold with 16 GB of internal memory and 1 GB of RAM, though up to 128 GB of memory can be added using the tablet’s MicroSD card slot. The tablet features a quad-core Intel Atom-based processor. The Nextbook Ares 8A includes a rear-facing 2.0-megapixel camera and a front-facing 0.3-megapixel camera.
The Nextbook Ares 8A was sold in blue, red, and black body colors. The tablet includes the Android three-button navigation system with a ‘home’ button in the center of the tablet’s bottom bezel (indicated with a house-shaped button), a ‘back’ button on the left side of the ‘home’ button (indicated with an arrow pointing to the left), and a ‘show-all-open-applications’ button on the right side of the ‘home’ button (indicated by a square).
- 1.92GHz Intel Atom GEN8 GPU processor
- 1GB DDR3L of system memory
- 8.0" touchscreen, 1280 x 800 resolution
- Built-in 802.11b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth v4.0
- Rear 2.0MP camera and front 0.3MP camera
- microUSB 2.0 port, microHDMI port
- 16GB onboard storage memory, additional memory via microSD card slot
- Built-in speakers
- 3-axis G-sensor
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Weighs 0.71 lbs; 8.19" x 0.33" x 4.89" dimensions
Software and Applications:
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) OS
- Email, Alarm, Photo View, YouTube, Google Maps, Barnes and Noble NOOK for Android, VUDU, Walmart.com, Flixster and Net Nanny
- Browser and Google Play (for applications)
- Android Music Player
- Media Formats: popular media formats
What's in the Box:
- Tablet and AC adapter