If your LG washing machine is not drying the clothes after washing, there could be a few potential causes. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take:
- Check the selected wash program: Ensure that you have selected the appropriate wash program that includes a drying cycle. Some washing machines have separate settings or options for washing and drying. Make sure you have chosen the correct program that includes drying.
- Verify the load size: Overloading the washing machine can affect the drying performance. If the drum is packed with too many clothes, there may not be enough space for hot air circulation, resulting in poor drying. Try reducing the load size and see if it improves the drying performance.
- Examine the lint filter: A clogged lint filter can restrict airflow and affect the drying process. Locate the lint filter, usually located near the front or top of the machine, and clean it thoroughly. Refer to the user manual for instructions on how to access and clean the lint filter properly.
- Check the venting system: If your LG washing machine is a washer-dryer combo unit, it will have a venting system that expels moisture during the drying process. Make sure the venting system is not blocked or obstructed. Clear any lint or debris from the vent hose and ensure that it is properly connected and venting to the outside.
- Inspect the heating element: The drying function in a washer-dryer relies on a heating element. If the heating element is faulty or damaged, it may not generate enough heat to dry the clothes. In this case, it's best to contact LG customer support or a professional technician to inspect and potentially replace the heating element.
- Allow for adequate ventilation: Ensure that the area around the washing machine has sufficient ventilation. Poor ventilation can hinder the drying process. If the machine is placed in a confined space, consider moving it to a location with better airflow.
If you have tried these troubleshooting steps and the drying issue persists, it's recommended to contact LG customer support or a qualified technician for further assistance. They will have specific knowledge about your model and can provide guidance or schedule a repair if necessary.