OPPO BDP-93 powers on and freezes at "OPPO" on screen
OPPO BDP-93 Blu-ray player
- Connecting the power cord the red standby light comes on.
- Pressing the power button (or remote) and the light changes to blue, unit screen displays “HELLO” then “OPPO , but no “Home Menu”.
- TV displays the Blu-ray splash screen but that is all.
- Blu-ray drive spins up, laser head moves, does a brief “search” and tray can be opened and closed with button or remote.
- Fibre optic light is on.
- After 15 or 20 seconds everything freezes even on/off button.
- The on/off button must be pressed and held for about 40 to 50 seconds before it shut unit off. At least at first. Now it is longer than a minute before shutting off.
- Disconnected the “Region Free” hardware board, isolated analogue board and Blu-ray drive from power board and from the main circuit board.
- Same result with lights and unit screen and TV screen.
- Checked laser inside disc drive - works fine.
Unable to find any schematics or repair manuals or parts. The only OPPO Digital ( not to be confused with OPPO phones) service centre still in operation is in the USA and requires shipping the unit from here to USA and then back. No one locally repairs them.
They offered a few suggestions like unplugging from mains and holding power button for 5 seconds, releasing, reconnecting power, directly plugged into power point on wall, etc.
Es esta una buena pregunta?