Integrated Circuit Help for Radio Head Unit
I need some help with an integrated circuit for my 2008 Beetle. This is for the radio head unit. A cluster of buttons on the radio console do not work (most frustratingly the disc eject). I believe I have traced the problem to the circuit with the buttons (you can see the non-functioning buttons surrounding the volume dial). The red circle represents the missing element and the blue circle represents what I believe to be the element that is missing.
As you can tell from that last sentence I am a little outside my league on this. Here are my questions:
- What is the black piece inside the blue circle?
- Is it what is missing from the red circle?
- Where /How do I buy a new one?
- Can you give me any information that would help me?
Thank you @oldturkey03 !!
I measured the diode/transistor, the dimension of the ‘box’ are 2.88mm x 1.55mm (A&B from link).
I measured the G&L of the missing diode/transistors. It appears the G is 1.3 and the L is 0.65 so I believe it would be SOT323.
- What are my next steps?
- Do the dimensions indicate it is a transistor or diode? I am uncertain.
- Will purchasing one and soldering it on solve my problem?
- Where can I purchase a replacement unit?
Thank you for your help!! It is much appreciated!
Es esta una buena pregunta?