Hello, here are several methods for you to reset the login password without old one:
Tip 1: Try to sign in with the built-in administrator account in Save mode without password, and then reset you current admin password.
1. On the Windows 10 login screen, hold down Shift key and select Restart in the Shut Down options.
2. Windows 10 will restart and show you the Advanced Boot Options on startup screen. Select Troubleshoot.
3. Select Advanced Options in the Troubleshoot screen.
4. It will show you several advanced options, select Startup Settings.
5. You are able to restart to change Windows boot options. Click Restart.
6. After restarting, login with the built-in administrator without password if you have not create a password for it. And then you can open Control Panel to reset other user accounts' password.
Tip 2: Use a Windows 10 Install Media to reset Windows 10 login password.
1. Use your Windows 10 product key to download Windows 10 ISO image from Microsoft site.
2. Free download a Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsoft site.
3. Use the Windows Media Creation Tool to make a Windows 10 installation CD/USB.
4. Once you complete that, boot your computer from the Installation disk and then you can copy and launch Command Prompt to reset password.
Detailed graphic tutorials for Tip1 and Tip 2 can be found here: Three Ways to Reset Windows 10 Password with CMD.
Tip 3: Use a free password reset program to remove your lost Windows 10 password.
1. Free download "Offline NT Password Editor" and "FreeISOBurner", use the Burner to burn the Offline NT program to a CD/DVD.
2. Boot your locked Windows 10 computer from CD/DVD and then follow the instructions on the screen to clear your Windows 10 admin password.
'''++Read more++''' about the detailed steps if you need.
I forgot my administrator password on my windows 8. I went to Microsoft account and changed password there, but I still get the wrong password message. I've tried this several times, and no joy. Finally, i used passcue for Windows software to create a reset disk, then reset the password successfully.
- de tal veoli