Pioneer VSX-531 Receiver does not power on (HDMI light blinks)
Pioneer VSX-531 AV Receiver
5.1-channel receiver with 5x130 Watt, 4 HDMI ports, HDCP 2.2, MCACC automatic calibration, Advanced Sound Retriever, Bluetooth and USB
I have a digital copy of the user manual | Need a schematic or wiring diagram
Expert researcher / Novice electrical repair experience (I know enough not to be dangerous, and can fix most basic electronics given enough time)
Source: Found “Free” on OfferUp
- Unit does not power up
- When plugged in, HDMI light flashes (indicating error state)
- No other lights illuminate, standby/on button doesn’t function
(Per user manual): The HDMI indicator blinks and the power does not turn on.
- The receiver may have a serious problem. Do not try switching the receiver on. Unplug the receiver from the wall and call a Pioneer authorized independent service company
- That’s helpful…?
- Able to temporarily clear error by simultaneously pressing “Advanced Surround” and “Standby/on” for 5 seconds
- After doing so, unit clicked, initialized, something got hot & smoked for a second
- Unit went back into safety power off
- Back to HDMI flashing error state
What I’ve done:
- Isolated component that was getting hot (smoking): Resistor R14FL
- Uninstalled the MOSFET / heatsync daughter board (720-07995-000-0S) from the unit, this board contains the overheating resistor
- Resistor tests same ohm resistance (.34) as adjacent resistor on neighbor MOSFET
Burning Resistor (circled in red)
Photos of the MOSFET / heatsync daughter board (720-07995-000-0S)
Really appreciate any help that the forum can offer :-)
Es esta una buena pregunta?