MagSafe connector heats up really bad, why is that?
I have a late 2009, macbook white, which up until a couple of days ago worked perfectly - now, every time I'm attaching the magsafe connector to the laptop, the connector itself heats up quite a lot in a matter of minutes. It works ok if I try to recharge the battery whilst the laptop is powered off, however every time I'm trying to recharge the battery with the laptop powered on the connector heats up to the point that I can barely touch it.
I can't figure out what is to blame here; is it the connector from the cable at fault, or is it the connector inside the laptop, or the battery?
Also now, the connector only charges the battery if I fiddle with its position a bit.
Any input into the matter would be much appreciated:
oh and does anyone know how I can safely dismantle the MagSafe connector? I'd like to check the wiring, before buying a new charger.
Es esta una buena pregunta?