How to replace the front brake pads
I need to replace the front brakes pads
Can you give me some help
Es esta una buena pregunta?
Scott Ballard, here is what I get from the service manual:"
1.Loosen the front wheel lug nuts slightly, then raise the car and support on safety stands.
Remove the wheel
2. Remove the caliper bolt, and pivot the caliper up and out of the way.
3. Remove the pad shim, pad retainers and pads.
4. If the brake pad thickness is less that service limit (1.6mm) replace the front pads as a set.
5. Clean the caliper thoroughly; remove any rust and check for grooves and cracks.
6. Check the brake disc for damage or cracks.
7. Install the pad retainers.
8. Apply Molykote M77grease to the inner side of the shim, and the back of the pads. Wipe excess grease off the shim.
9. Install the brake pads and shim correctly.Note: Install the pad with the wear indicator on the inside.
10. Push in the piston so that the caliper will fit over the pads. Make sure that the piston boot is in position to prevent damaging it when pivoting the caliper down.
11. Pivot the caliper down into position, then install caliper bolt and tighten it (31Nm or 23LBF/ft)
12. Depress the brake pedal several times to make sure the brakes work. After installation, check for leaks at hose and line joints or connections, retighten if necessary.
Hope this helps, good luck.
Fue útil esta respuesta?
Ultimas 24 horas: 1
Ultimos 7 días: 3
Ultimos 30 días: 11
Todo El Tiempo: 6,194