Preguntas de SoporteHaz una pregunta
No hay preguntas. ¡Sé el primero en hacer una pregunta!
Background and Identification
The AutoMedx SAVe is an automated ventilator released in 2008 and should be only used by individuals who have been trained to respond to respiratory distress such as combat medics in the US Army. AutoMedx developed the SAVe for medics on the battlefield who needed an automated ventilator that was easy to use and efficient. The SAVe replaced bag valve masks used on the battlefield with automated ventilatory support as it allowed medics to treat multiple patients on the battlefield without needing to provide attention to a single person. As a result the device has been awarded one of the “Top 4 New Breakthrough Medical Devices.”
The AutoMedx SAVe is small and compact for ease of mobility and allows its users to operate quickly in providing short-term ventilatory support. Its simple design allows users to easily and quickly perform on patients while in pressured scenarios. The many features included in the SAVe device allows users to operate more effectively and reduce the anxiety that comes from these situations.
The AutoMedx SAVe has features such as:
- Consistent monitoring of tidal volume and respiratory rate
- Single knob to operate the device for easier use
- Built in alarms to signify problems in the respiratory system
- A rechargeable battery that lasts 5.5 hours every full recharge
The AutoMedx SAVe has been upgraded to newer models developed by the AutoMedx company called SAVe ll and SAVe ll+. These newer models have much more features and include a longer battery life compared to the SAVe.
The AutoMedx SAVe can be distinguished from the other models by its single knob operation as the other models involve a touch screen. Another way of distinguishing it from other models is the model number: Model 600x10 that is located under the device.
- Physical Weight: 3.1 lbs (1.4kg)
- Physical Size: 6.75” x 6.25” x 2.5” (17 cm x 16 cm x 6 cm)
- Accessories: Hard cover case to protect the device while moving
- Power supply input: 100-240VAC
- Power supply output: 15VDC
- Battery life: 4 - 5.5 Hours
- Flow Rate: 18 LPM
- Respiratory Rate: 10 BPM
- Minute Volume: 6 LPM
- Oxygen Input Flow: 0 - 6 LPM
- Tidal Volume: Airway Resistance = 5cmH20/L/sec
- Lung Compliance = 50 mL/cmH20: 600mL/breath
- Lung Compliance = 20 mL/cmH20: 560mL/breath
- AutoMedx Official Website - The official website of the product that provides information about each AutoMedx device and the service provided by the manufacturers.
- AutoMedx SAVe Official Operator Manual -Official User manual that is given out with every device that provides information and specifications of the device while also providing troubleshooting for problems that may occur with the use of diagrams and instructions.
- Explanation on the importance of Ventilators during the pandemic - This page involves medical experts from Yale going into depth explaining about the importance of ventilators and how they are used during the COVID-19 Pandemic to combat the symptoms from the virus.