Followed the guide Step by Step, and had trouble with the antenna holes, as others did. I was replacing a 500gb HDD with an 500gb SSD and moving the existing HDD to the DVD bay. I used an Ifixit guide on the hard drive replacement step, to get the great comments on each step. I did use the 3/32 drill bits to pull the logic board out and I did hold down the little plastic retainers holding the heat sink connects to the MB. Thank you for putting this guide together. I am primarily a windows guy, but with these guides I can do Macs with lots of patience and careful reading of the commends. Great, great guide and pictures, I especially liked the the screw size on each step, that was helpful aso.
Laptops for Missionaries
Here are the steps I did to clone HDD to SSD.
1. On A1278 with 10.10 booted
2. Attached Crucial 250GB new SSD on LHS in Enclosure
3. Opened Disk Utility and Erased the drive, therefore formatting it, Journaled
4. Shut down the Laptop
5. Attached the El Capitan Western Digital 160GB clone drive
6. Rebooted holding down the Option key and chose the Recovery Drive, the Recovery Drive is on the Western Digital 160.
7. Choose Disk Utility on the Recovery screen
8. On LHS chose the 250gb SSD target drive
9. On TOP of SCREEN, in the Disk Utility Menu, choose “Edit | Restore”
10. Choose old OS drive as source of the Clone, the target is of course the 250gb SSD.
11. Wait for the clone to stop, took 3 hours
12. Reboot with Option depressed and choose the LHS cloned drive to make sure SSD boots
13. Install 250gb SSD drive in new machine
14. Booted drive in machine
15. Chose System Preference, Boot Drive and chose that drive, since MacOSX looks at all partitions for an OS to boot to, which takes about 30 seconds.
Media vez obtengan, podras ver un gráfico de la reputación que han obtenido con el tiempo.
Aquí está una vista previa de cómo lucirá el gráfico:
Aún no has no adquirido reputación.