Obtén acceso rápido a guías, partes y respuestas para tus dispositivos
Al parecer tu carrito está vacío
One more comment - if I were doing this repair again, I would have used a 5/8-inch or 3/4-inch long #8 bolt instead of 1-inch long as I had a full 5/8-inch of thread extension beyond the curved slot when I was finished. The reduced thread extension associated with a shorter bolt will make it easier to reassemble the two parts together after the bolt is installed in the first piece. Thanks for taking the time to post this repair and giving me an opportunity to comment and improvise. It is quite apparent that a lot of others are having the same problem with this piece breaking on their Diaper Genie.
The same thing happened to my unit. I bought the same bolts (which you have referred to as screws) and nuts, drilled the 1/8-inch diameter hole and installed the bolts, making a few modifications. I used a #8 washer underneath of the bolt head instead of a nut as you did. I installed a #8 washer and nut on the free end of the bolt. However, there was not enough clearance to allow the mechanism to slide freely. So, I removed the washer and nut at the free end and reinstalled just the nut. With the small amount of additional clearance, the mechanism worked freely, just like new. Incidentally, the photograph that you have shown in Step 7 appears to have the free end of the bolt on the wrong side of the plastic piece that it is threaded through. The free end of the bolt needs to engage the curved slot on the other piece located on the opposite side. So, I was a bit confused, but figured it out. The 1/8-inch diameter drill hole worked perfectly. Just a warning to anyone: DON’T overtighten or plastic will crack.
Media vez obtengan, podras ver un gráfico de la reputación que han obtenido con el tiempo.
Aquí está una vista previa de cómo lucirá el gráfico:
Aún no has no adquirido reputación.