I started to notice recently that my computer would overheat doing the simplest of tasks and way too often for it to be normal. I figured, since I hadn't cleaned it since I got it in '07, it might be clogged up with dirt, hair, and whatever other things cause computers to overheat.
It took maybe 4 hours of carefully removing the screws and making sure I knew what screws went where, but I would say this was a pretty successful op. The spudger and brush made quick work of the old caked-on thermal paste on the heatsink and chips so once I actually got down to it, it wasn't that difficult at all.
The guide I used was a little vague at times, especially about very specific things like how certain connectors needed to be removed from the logic board, and, more specifically, that there are some brackets in the case that don't seem to serve any purpose other than to serve as something for some screws to hold on to. The first time I actually nearly threw them out before I realized that because they weren't where they were supposed to be, some of the screws wouldn't stay in.