Change of Ipod Touch 4 Gen front glass
The Ipod fell accidentally to the ground creating a bump in the side and breaking the glass...
Yes I should buy some protective housing.....
The repair was a sucess :-)
1. The glass comes off quite easy using a heatgun (hairdryer)
2. The first connector and screws as well
3. The metall plate also, pay attention to any tape that may keep the plate in place and should be removed/cut
4. The tricky part is to remove the copper foil around the bottom connector. It is mandatory to use a small tweezer in order to do this. A better photo should be provided in the guide in order to see where the foil begins. With the foil removed it is easy to remove the bottom connector
5. Another tricky part is to connect the bottom connector again from the front assembly. You have to work somewhat in the blind but it is possible with patience - do not use force
6. Also to fix the copper foil again is somewhat tricky. Use the tweezer. I also had to move the On-button from the old assembly
7. When the upper connector is connected it is advisable to keep the two parts in a 90 degree angle (photo)
8. I did not have any precut strips so I made my own from a 3M double sided tape I have. A sharp knife is necessary, also to peel off the protective paper on the tape
9. When the glass is in place it was just to charge the battery and GO!
Be sure you have a good tweezer, a sharp knife, plastic opening tools and a magnifying glass!!