20 - 30 minutos
My iPhone seemed to lose its charge much faster than before, so I figured the battery might be bad. I found iFixIt, and they had a nice package for a very reasonable price, so I went for it.
The repair was fairly straightforward, but there were some confusing moments when the description of what was inside wasn't matching what I saw. There was a screw hidden behind a label marked "Do Not Remove", and I had to remove the label to see it. In the process, the label was torn so I couldn't reuse it. I almost cracked the logic board because I hadn't noticed the one screw was still there holding it. Then, there was the removal of the battery itself. It proved a challenge to get it out without cracking the case. I wish I'd seen the hint to heat up the case with a hair dryer. The biggest problem was getting it back together and all the tiny connections that had to snap in place. One of the connectors had a round button connector that just wouldn't snap back, and I don't know how I was able to make it work. I'm worried if I ever drop the phone that this connector will pop out.
Well, nothing has changed. Somehow it still runs the battery down faster than I remember, so I guess it wasn't the battery. Ok, so now I have a spare. I used some magnifier goggles to be able to see these tiny parts. The magnetic screwdriver and plastic tool supplied with the battery worked extremely well. Be very careful to observe how things came apart, especially if what you're seeing doesn't match the description on the website. There was no reverse order description, and so I had to re-read the steps backward. Keep track of the different screw sizes. I used a piece of double stick scotch tape to keep them from rolling around. Be sure the round connectors snap and stay in place. Also, be sure the battery is in the proper place, since the adhesive is very strong and you can't reposition it easily if it's off. Finally, saying a prayer or two doesn't hurt. A little help from Above is always a good thing!