Our son's phone got wet during summer camp when another camper left his set towel on it all afternoon.
The repair tools and battery were easy and fun to use, except for the microscopic screws inside the phone. However, the phone still doesn't work. We noticed burn marks on the inside when we opened te case.
Make it clear that you do NOT have to take the case totally apart to removed the battery.
We did this though because we needed a hair dryer to remove the old battery, since the glue strips were not accessible to pull off.
How can a customer know in advance that a new battery will NOT the problem?
We felt discouraged because we spent a fair amount of time (and frustration due to the impossibly tiny screws!) and it was for naught.