Wifi and bluetooth not detected + ports on right side not working
Macbook was dropped from <1m height and now says
- “Wi-Fi: No hardware installed" and
- “Bluetooth: Not available".
I have recently realised that the ports on the right side are not working either. This wasn't a problem before dropping it.
- Usb port is completely unresponsive.
- With the hdmi, the screen goes black for a second as if it recognises that the cable has been plugged in (this is usual) but then nothing happens.
I have done a couple of things to try solve the problem.
- Initially, I thought it was the wifi card. I took it to Apple and they “confirmed" that it was the wifi card that was faulty too so I replaced it. The problem wasn't solved.
- I also saw on two posts here saying it might be the I/O cable that is loose or broken. I tried taking off and re-attaching mine but it didn't help so I bought a new cable… but still the same problem.
Do I have to replace the I/O board or logic board now…?? I don't know what else I could do. I'm thinking I might have to replace the I/O board since the ports on that side have stopped working as well as the wifi card so surely if not the cable then it's the board that's the problem?
Es esta una buena pregunta?