What are the Steps to Replace a Cracked Screen on an iPhone?
This is currently my screen replacement step by step strategy generally, not just for the iPhone 6, please advise if you would change, remove or add any steps to this list.
- If the cracked screen still works / lights up move to step 3
- If the cracked screen does not work, plug in to a power supply with an amp meter attached and see if the phone still draws amperage. Try switching the phone on if no current drawn. Current draw should not be more than 1 amp and should be stable after about 2 minutes. If current draw is ranging or there is no current draw, there is a board level problem and the screen replacement will not solve the problem.
- Take note of where the screen damage originated, there may be some frame / casing damage
- Switch off the phone, open it, disconnect the battery, remove the damaged screen
- Inspect the frame / casing to see if repair is possible. If possible proceed, if not replace the damaged screen if you can and return to the customer or explain the situation to the customer.
- Connect a replacement screen, reconnect the battery, turn on the phone and test if the replacement screen works. Observe boot looping and boot up time.
- If the phone boots normally, turn off the phone, disconnect the battery, disconnect the replacement screen and proceed with transferring the components from the old screen to the new screen, if not, there is a board level issue and a simple screen replacement will not solve the problem
- Once the components from the original screen have been transferred to the new screen, reconnect the new screen, connect the battery and start the phone. If the phone boots normally and the screen works as it should, go to step 10.
- If the phone is taking a long time to boot or boot looping or not starting t all, there may be a problem with either the proxy / front camera flex or the power button. Through a process of elimination try booting the phone by, independently disconnecting the proxy / front camera flex and / or the power button. If either or both the proxy / front camera flex and or power button are the problem replace and retest boot time. If neither of these solves the problem, the phone may have been damaged during repair. Ouch!!
- Turn the phone off. If necessary, disconnect the new screen and battery and repair the frame / casing, otherwise replace all securing brackets and close the phone.
- Turn on the phone and Test
Es esta una buena pregunta?