Black screen, boot only in safe mode on external screen
I have a problem with my macbook pro retina 13" late 2013.
While an app was running (Molotov Tv - live tv app), the screen frizzed at one time.
Nothing was no more responding.
I closed the lid, and when I wanted to reopen it, I got a black screen with a light backlight.
I tried everything and the only way I can boot and see the screen is in safe mode on a external screen connected through HDMI.
Please note that the first time I saw my screen on external display in safe mode. I saw a message error with a rapport : Sleep Wake Failure
I tried the flashlight test but I can't see an image on my screen, it remains black
I noticed that :
- If i boot the macbook normally (without external display), it's black, when I close the lid, the apple light in the back remains "on".
- If i boot in safe mode (without external display), it's black, when I close the lid, the apple light in the back tuns "off".
I tried to login on black screen as some people are suggesting :
- in normal boot mode, it remains the same
- in safe mode, the screen is still black when I enter the password, but when I connect the external screen, I can see the session open.
- If I boot in normal mode, with the external display, the boot progress bar disappear very quickly.
I went to an apple store at the "genius" bar, they told me that the whole screen should be replaced.
What to you think about all this ?
The circumstance when the problem appeared, the Sleep Wake failure message (in safe mode on external display at the first safe mode boot), the apple logo that remains on when I close the lid after a normal boot ... all this seems very strange for me, and not only related to simply replace the retina screen.
I started my macbook yesterday one more time in safe mode and I noticed that the macbook screen turned on ... WTF ?? I rebooted it in normal mode and the screen was OK.
So when I met the problem it was after a strange behavior (app frizzed).
I can fairly say that "genius" apple guys are really dumb, they were only able to issue to me a 500euros bill for screen replacement FOR A SCREEN THAT DOESN'T NEED IT.
THE PROOF, two weeks after the problem, it's working !
So it's purely a software problem, and they told me that they booted from external system and it was not ok.
Shame on them !
Es esta una buena pregunta?