My Thunderbolt Display Dead - What should I do?
Hi I'm hoping you could help me make an informed decision on what to do with my 27" Thunderbolt Display. I purchased it from Apple refurbished about 4 years ago. Yesterday it suddenly stopped working. My AppleCare is expired.
The USB and Thunderbolt peripherals don't work and the built in MagSafe doesn't power my laptop either.
I've tried all the steps I could find online to fix the problem:
- Resetting the PRAM/NVRAM
- Resetting the SMC
- Trying a different Thunderbolt Cord and changing outlets.
It has been completely and utterly unresponsive.
- What’s your opinion on what could be the problem?
- Is it worth my time to get a new power cable and see if that works?
- Is there any way I can narrow down what the problem could be? Would there be anything in the log that contains a hint to what failed?
- Is it affordable to bring it to Apple to be repaired since the Apple Care is expired? What do you think the expense would be? (I don’t want to pay over $200.)
- Since I'm getting no power at all I'm assuming the power supply or ac adapter. Is there way to be absolutely sure - so I know which guide to follow.
- Is there anything else I can do to diagnose/fix the display?
Es esta una buena pregunta?