Saltar al contenido principal

Aporte original por: Aaron ,


looking for the name of a mechanical device with a specific function


Good day ladies and gents!

I am looking for the name of a mechanism that when pushed/pressed/pulled inward/outward allows free rotation clockwise or counter.  The device will be used for rotating a rod 3/4” diameter rod. I only want this rod to be able to rotate when intended, hence  push or pull to rotate.  I know such a mechanism exist, but it’s difficult to find something you do not know the name of!

I could use a spring that would engage a pair of sprockets but I really want to use something prefabricated  that would just attach to the rods end.

Any words of wisdom from the mechanically inclined will be truly appreciated!