Saltar al contenido principal

Repara tus cosas

Derecho a reparar

Partes y herramientas

Ayuda

Versión actual por: Steve Godun ,

Texto:

"I later dropped it in the lake by accident, but recovered it and put it in rice."
 
For the record, rice doesn't work. Also keep in mind that even if rice DID work for taking the moisture out, it won’t remove any solids from the water. You dropped it in the lake so the odds are very good that the water contained bacteria, algae, etc.
For the record, rice doesn't work. Also keep in mind that even if rice DID work for taking the moisture out, it won’t remove any solids from the water. You dropped it in the lake so the odds are very good that the water contained bacteria, algae, etc.
 
What you're experiencing is most likely the long-term effects of liquid damage. After liquid gets into your device it will slowly evaporate. That moisture vapor will travel through your phone, eventually settling on everything. Eventually the moisture will leave your phone but not before it has caused some corrosion which you can typically identify as a white powdery substance inside your phone, typically at exposed electrical connectors.
 
If you're lucky (which you were) the moisture and subsequent corrosion won't create a short circuit in your phone and even after the moisture is gone that powdery corrosion will be relatively stable. As long as it's not disturbed there won't be a problem, except the moment you disassembled the phone and started poking around in there you disturbed that corrosion. Now you have microscopic conductive particles floating around inside your phone, landing who-knows-where and creating all kinds of random havoc. After you sealed it up again the dust had time to settle, as it were, and that's when you get random shorts and the like.
 
It's POSSIBLE that your motherboard is fine, just temporarily shorted out somewhere. Remove that short and the phone should light up again. To do this properly would require complete disassembly of the phone (including the heat shields) and cleaning everything that can be cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner. For good measure I'd probably also replace all the cameras and flex cables since corrosion can be inside those as well. Once everything is clean and reassembled you would test it. Best case, it lights up and you're back in business. Worst case, it doesn't and now you have to trace things out to find out what's been damaged.

Estatus:

open

Aporte original por: Steve Godun ,

Texto:

"I later dropped it in the lake by accident, but recovered it and put it in rice."

For the record, rice doesn't work.

What you're experiencing is most likely the long-term effects of liquid damage. After liquid gets into your device it will slowly evaporate. That moisture vapor will travel through your phone, eventually settling on everything. Eventually the moisture will leave your phone but not before it has caused some corrosion which you can typically identify as a white powdery substance inside your phone, typically at exposed electrical connectors.

If you're lucky (which you were) the moisture and subsequent corrosion won't create a short circuit in your phone and even after the moisture is gone that powdery corrosion will be relatively stable. As long as it's not disturbed there won't be a problem, except the moment you disassembled the phone and started poking around in there you disturbed that corrosion. Now you have microscopic conductive particles floating around inside your phone, landing who-knows-where and creating all kinds of random havoc. After you sealed it up again the dust had time to settle, as it were, and that's when you get random shorts and the like.

It's POSSIBLE that your motherboard is fine, just temporarily shorted out somewhere. Remove that short and the phone should light up again. To do this properly would require complete disassembly of the phone (including the heat shields) and cleaning everything that can be cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner. For good measure I'd probably also replace all the cameras and flex cables since corrosion can be inside those as well. Once everything is clean and reassembled you would test it. Best case, it lights up and you're back in business. Worst case, it doesn't and now you have to trace things out to find out what's been damaged.

Estatus:

open