Aporte original por: PDM ,
I doubt that the dent on the battery is the culprit here. Typically a battery is fine unless the outer shell is actually punctured (you'd have a fire on your hands in that case). I've mangled more than a few batteries in my time and they always work perfectly fine afterword. I suppose it is possible that the battery is overheating, but my guess is that there was damage to a sensor on the logic board, likely from the fall. I've never heard of anything displaying a overheating problem unless it detects one. Either it's because there really is one, or because one of the sensors is faulty.