Background and Identification
Bose is a consumer electronics company headquartered in Massachusetts. Bose was founded in 1964 by Amar Bose. The company started out producing speaker systems and has remained in the audio equipment industry since its early days. Today, Bose sells commercial audio systems, home audio and video devices, headphones, and automotive audio equipment.
The QuietComfort 2 headphones by Bose were released in 2003 and discontinued in 2009. They are acoustic noise-canceling headphones that provide respected Bose sound quality. The headphones are powered by one AAA battery and can be plugged into any headphone jack to play music. They can also be used "wirelessly" without being plugged into a device to filter unwanted noise on a plane, bus, or train.
The Bose QuietComfort 2 headphones include two earcups attached to a headphone band. The headphones are mostly black, with silver coloring on the exterior of the over-ear cups.
- If the headphones aren’t providing any noise reduction, first make sure the headphones are on. Then try replacing the battery.
- If the volume is low or nonexistent, first try turning the source volume up. Then set the LEVEL switch to HI. Also check the corded connection at the source and at the earcup.
- If there is a crackling noise or the noise reduction intermittently stops, replace the battery.
- If there is a low rumbling sound, make sure the headphones are sitting properly around your ears. Additionally, check to make sure there aren’t any foreign objects in the earcups
- If the volume is too high, turn the source level volume down and/or turn the LEVEL switch to LO.
- Dimensions: 8.8 x 8.25 x 2.5 inches
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Battery: 1 AAA battery