iMac won't power up
A few days ago I tried to install an SSD along with the original HDD, using the tools and instructions from here:
- OWC Internal SSD DIY Kit for All Apple 27" iMac 2010 Models
- How to Install a 2.5" SSD behind the optical drive of a 27" iMac Mid 2010
Everything went smoothly but, sadly, when I closed back the computer, it would not power up at all. I opened it again to look for anything that might look off, but I did not found anything obviously wrong. Of course, I also tried disconnecting the new hardware and try to revert to its original configuration, but it would still not power up.
The symptoms are:
- The diagnostic LED #1 does light up whenever the computer is plugged in.
- No other diagnostic LED lights up at any time.
- When I push the power button, I can hear a faint "pop" from the speakers, I think.
- When I push the button to power the computer on, it does not turn on, but I do get 12 Volts between pins 1 and 11 of the logic board (Apple Technician Guide, p. 36, step 7). This voltage remains indefinitely until I hold the power button for a few seconds, as if to forcibly power it down.
- As long as the computer is in this "on" state, the PSU makes very faint periodic chirp sounds. I do not know if this is normal because it could have always been making them during normal operation and I probably would not have heard them. Anyway, I did make a recording of these sounds: Chirp Noise
Any clues as to what may be wrong and how to fix it? Thanks!
Es esta una buena pregunta?