No power or display

I'm not getting any power from the unit. No display either. It's just dead. Any suggestions?

Contestado! View the answer Yo también tengo este problema

Es esta una buena pregunta?

Calificación 1
Agregar un comentario

1 Respuesta

Solución Elegida

Cause 1

Line Fuse

If too much current passes through the microwave circuitry, the line fuse will blow. If the line fuse blows, the microwave won’t start. To determine if the line fuse is at fault, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the fuse does not have continuity, replace it. In addition, you should investigate and resolve the problem that caused the fuse to blow. If you don’t resolve the underlying issue, the new fuse will blow too. (Caution: The microwave oven can store thousands of volts of electricity in its high voltage capacitor, even after the microwave oven has been unplugged. Due to the potential for electric shock, it is extremely dangerous to replace the electronic components in a microwave. Only a licensed technician should replace the line fuse.)

Cause 2

Main Control Board

The main control board might be defective. However, this is rarely the case. Control boards are often misdiagnosed—check all of the more commonly defective parts. If you have determined that all of the other components are working properly,replace the main control board. (Caution: The microwave oven can store thousands of volts of electricity in its high voltage capacitor, even after the microwave oven has been unplugged. Due to the potential for electric shock, it is extremely dangerous to replace the electronic components in a microwave. Only a licensed technician should replace the main control board.)

Cause 3

Thermal Fuse

The thermal fuse cuts off power to the microwave if the microwave overheats. To determine if the thermal fuse has blown, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the fuse does not have continuity, replace it. The thermal fuse cannot be reset—if the fuse is blown, it must be replaced. (Caution: The microwave oven can store thousands of volts of electricity in its high voltage capacitor, even after the microwave oven has been unplugged. Due to the potential for electric shock, it is extremely dangerous to replace the electronic components in a microwave. Only a licensed technician should replace the thermal fuse.)

Fue útil esta respuesta?

Calificación 3

Comentarios:

I have a similar issue with my GE Profile Microwave (Model #PVM9215SKSS). There is no power at all. I have checked two ceramic fuses and one Thermal fuse. Those are good. Does it mean that my main control board is faulty? How to make sure if the Main Control Board is faulty?

por

Won't come on GE

ZL900006M

por

Agregar un comentario

Añadir tu respuesta

Brenty estará eternamente agradecido.
Ver Estadísticas:

Ultimas 24 Horas: 48

Últimos 7 Días: 365

Últimos 30 Días: 1,523

Todo El Tiempo: 7,305