Stumped By iPhone 6 Reboot Loop (Tried Everything!)
Guys, I'm running into a problem with my iPhone and it seems like I've tried everything to no avail. Would really appreciate more troubleshooting ideas.
- Model: iPhone 6 (A1549) 64GB
- Carrier: Verizon
- Operating System: Latest iOS (no jailbreak)
- Age: 2 years
- Press power button, Apple logo appears for a few seconds then screen goes black and the process restarts.
- If left alone, process will repeat for about 10 minutes before the cycle breaks and the screen stays dimly backlit for hours.
- After a few hours the dimly backlit screen will drain the battery and phone will shut off.
- Pressing power button now will show the dead battery screen indicating to plug phone in to recharge.
- Once plugged in, phone will recharge and boot back up to start the whole thing over again.
- I broke screen a few weeks ago and replaced the LCD/Digitizer with a new one from Amazon.
- New screen seemed to be working perfectly fine for weeks.
- I noticed battery was draining faster after new screen installation and proximity sensor stopped working.
- Suspecting damage to the front camera assembly while switching it to new screen I ordered a new assembly from Amazon.
- Phone was working fine until this point; This is what I did the day my phone died:
- Turned phone off.
- Disconnected battery connecter.
- Disconnected screen.
- Switched out front camera assembly.
- Reversed process and powered up.
- Phone has been stuck in this reboot cycle since then.
- First thing I tried was simply going back with old camera assembly. That changed nothing; phone will power on, show log for a few seconds then restart.
- Tried starting with the camera assembly completely disconnected and nothing changed.
- Tried starting with nothing but LCD screen connected (no digitizer, no front assembly, no home button) and nothing changed.
- Disconnected battery and tried starting while plugged in to charger. Phone got stuck in reboot cycle again as if nothing changed with battery out.
- Let battery completely die until phone indicating that it needs to be plugged in to charge. Then I left it on the charger overnight. It recharged, powered back up and loop started again.
- Replaced battery with a new battery and nothing changed. Tried a third battery, nothing changed.
- Took phone apart down to logic board to see if I had accidentally disconnected something and brushed all connectors before I reassembled. No change.
- Updated iTunes then plugged in my phone to see if I can get a firmware update. As the process starts phone reboots and gets stuck in loop again. iTunes says I should do a restore.
- Tried manual firmware update by holding shift while clicking "Update" in iTunes and used the latest firmware file which I had already downloaded. As soon as update process starts phone reboots and gets stuck in loop again.
- Started restore process in iTunes acknowledging that it will wipe all my data. As soon as restore process starts phone reboots and gets stuck in loop again.
- I can put phone in DFU mode and then kick it out of DFU mode using Tenoshare's ReiBoot. I have not tried using ReiBoot pro which claims it can fix this issue but reviews looked shady.
- Swallowed pride and took phone in to a repair shop (not Apple Store). They said they have no new ideas beyond what I tried.
I am completely out of ideas. If you have any suggestions that may save my phone I would love to hear them; will ship beer to anywhere in the US for an idea that works!
Es esta una buena pregunta?