MacBook Pro battery does't charge
I recently changed the battery of my old macbook pro 2011. I ordered the battery from ifixit, replaced the old one and it seemed to be working fine. I was able to get 6 proper charging cycles.
I didn't use the computer for a couple of days, and the battery died while the computer was in stand-by.
This morning, I tried to turn the computer on by plugging the charger in. At the first attempt, the computer turned on and I was able to boot properly, but the battery icon in the upper right says that the battery isn't charging. I tried to disconnect and reconnect the charger to see if it was not properly connected, and the computer died.
So the charger (85W) seems to be unable to charge the battery. The light indicator on the magsafe remains green. The charger properly charges my other macbook pro, so I doubt it's a charger problem.
Moreover, even if the charger is connected, the computer doesn't have enough power to start the OS (it reaches the apple logo, starts loading up, and then turns off), even when the charger is connected. The hilarious thing is that, if I remove the battery and connect the MagSafe, then the computer boots properly.
Another weird behavior is that if the battery is connected and I connect the magsafe, the computer immediately turns on, even if I didn't press the power on button. That prevents me to try to charge the battery with the computer turned off.
- Brand new battery (6 cycles) ordered from ifixit
- The 85W charger does not charge the battery
- The magsafe indicator remains green
- When the battery is connected and the magsafe is connected, the computer turns on and gets to the apple logo, starts loading, but it doesn't have enough power to load the desktop and immediately turns off.
- If I disconnect the battery, the computer turns on regularly when connected to the magsafe.
- When the battery is connected and I connect the magsafe, the macbook immediatly turns on even if I don't press the power on button. This happens even when the lid is closed.
What do you think the problem is? Is it a battery problem? Is there a way to fix this?
I am thinking to return the battery to ifixit and get it replaced..
Es esta una buena pregunta?