Reseated RAM, blank screen, beeping every 5 secs. tried everything ...
This is my first time posting on here, so excuse the inner noobness.
I decided to clean the fan out, I thought I would have a look at the RAM stick so I removed it and then re-inserted it... Upon hitting the power button, I didn't get the normal chime; just a blank screen, and a beep every 5 seconds.
What is happening:
- Hard drive makes a sound - like it is doing something for a few secs after powering on
- Fan runs the whole time (it runs quietly)
- It beeps every 5 seconds - I know that this is related to no ram sticks being detected
- The standby light flashes (as it beeps)
- The screen stays blank
- Battery charges
What isn't happening:
- It won't boot up
- Caps lock doesn't light up
- It won't chime
What I have tried:
- I have unplugged the battery and held down the power button (to try and drain the motherboard)
- I have attempted to do a Pram reset
- Attempted to do a SMC reset
The list goes on... however post your thoughts regardless of if I have done it :)
It has been well looked after and was running fine prior to dumb me removing the RAM stick and cleaning the fan.
It has two RAM sticks, both aren't being recognized. I have tried new RAM (admittedly 1600 MHz RAM).
Any help is so so very much appreciated.
Es esta una buena pregunta?