Can Jitterbug (Samsung G310R5) be switched to Sprint?

The Jitterbug Touch 3 is a Samsung G310R5 that only works on a network called Great Call. That compnay offers only expensive contracts for minimal service. I would like to switch it to another carrier with more mainstream service, and am willing to try to take it apart if there is a way to do it. There is no SIM card. It is a CDMA phone, which should work on Sprint or other networks that use that technology -- if only I could get it to work on another network. Thanks

Contestado! View the answer Yo también tengo este problema

Es esta una buena pregunta?

Calificación 4
Agregar un comentario

3 Respuestas

Solución Elegida


You do not have to take your phone apart.

Here is a link that describes what you have to do to transfer to another carrier.

An important proviso which is mentioned in the link is that your phone is compatible with the new network that you wish to use, i.e uses the same frequency band, that the phone supports - see image. If in doubt check with your intended new carrier first.

Block Image

If your phone is locked to your carrier you may have to pay an unlocking fee. It depends it may work on the new network without unlocking.

Fue útil esta respuesta?

Calificación 2


While I appreciate your answer, the link was about "porting" your number -- which I don't care about. I would be happy to get a new number by a new carrier. This phone was sold as a Jitterbug and only works on Great Call network. My 88 year old mother tried to use it, but cannot master touch screen. So I bought her an old flip phone with buttons she can push. She is happy. All she wanted to do was make calls anyway. But now I am stuck with a nice Samsung phone that has many great features -- except it only works on Great Call, which charges a high minimum monthly fee for just 200 talk minutes and a very low amount of data. I would like to switch it to any carrier that uses the same technology. Does anyone know if that is possible? Thanks


I have the same issue. I want to either use the phone on another carrier or sell it.


Agregar un comentario

Showme, contact the carrier/provider you wish to go to, normally there will be a fee for unlock, new sim card, etc. Check the attached links,instruction and guides, Good luck

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Fue útil esta respuesta?

Calificación 1
Agregar un comentario

@showmethefacts the only way to do that is by unlocking the phone. Check on here and see if that works for your model as well. Verizon supports the Jitterbug, not sure about any other carrier. So if nothing else you may want to consider them.

Fue útil esta respuesta?

Calificación 1
Agregar un comentario

Añadir tu respuesta

Showmethefacts estará eternamente agradecido.
Ver Estadísticas:

Ultimas 24 Horas: 9

Últimos 7 Días: 68

Últimos 30 Días: 365

Todo El Tiempo: 5,346