Opened to repair, worked for a while, possibly static issue
Well, I guess my iPhone has bit the dust. A few months back I installed a new battery I purchased from this site and had no issues whatsoever following the procedure.
A few weeks pass and I crack the glass screen.. not an easy replacement, but I finally got around to it a few days ago. The phone was working perfectly for a few days until I noticed the infrared sensors not dimming the phone when I held it to my ear. I wanted to investigate, so I opened the phone again to see if I could find the problem (Also possible the phone was on when I did this).. Lo and behold, when I put everything back together, not able to find the issue w/ the infrared sensors, and the phone completely doesn't work.
It will turn on for 5-10 seconds when plugged into a power source, show the apple start-up logo, emit this strange high-frequency buzzing noise, and then shut off.
It's the most frustrating thing.. I'm out of a phone!! Hopefully I don't have to fork out money on ANOTHER new battery so any help would gladly be appreciated!
I guess, in short, did I break something opening the phone while it was on? Specifically the battery?
Es esta una buena pregunta?