Spilled Coffee on Keyboard and Laptop Not Powering On
Two days ago I spilled coffee (~2-3 tablespoons worth) on my Macbook Pro on accident. The coffee contained cream but no sugar. The first thing I did was grab some tissues and soak up the excess coffee, power down my computer (it did not immediately short out), and let it sit upside down.
Since this happened, I have tried to power it on but it does not respond when I press the power button. The LED light on the power cord is orange. When I press the button on the side to test the battery, all the LEDs light up to show a full charge. The power button has no response.
Today I removed the back cover and unseated the battery connector. I should have done this 2 days ago, but I'm an idiot. Right now the battery is in the macbook, but it is not connected to the logic board.
What should I do now? I can still smell coffee, so I am optimistic it might still be wet and I can clean it.
I have read about using rubbing alcohol (90%+) to clean up coffee redisue. Can I pour that in the keyboard if my battery is still physically connected to the computer (but unseated from the logic board)? Or do I need to completely remove the battery from the enclosure before I try the rubbing alcohol trick?
Es esta una buena pregunta?